I wish you all a Happy New Year 2015 and am looking forward to making some pretty things now for Valentine's Day. I last posted on Thanksgiving, and since then there's been nothing but celebrating in our home with family get-togethers and also the arrival of twin boys in the family! My needles and hooks have been Very Active! Now, with Valentine's Day only about a month away, I'm working on some "heart-felt" projects. If there's any small project you'd like me to design, contact me here and maybe there'll be time to complete it. In the meantime, here are some suggestions for things to knit and crochet for Valentine's Day. Project 1 -- Valentine Knitted Scarf I'm very fond of this Here's My Heart Scarf and Headband. It's quick to knit and is a great stash-buster since it uses only an ounce or so of worsted weight yarn. Part of the heart shaping involves knitting several stitches together. This is clearly explained and illustrated in...
When it comes to buying vintage knitting and crochet patterns, the Latin phrase Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware - needs to be taken seriously. I'm in love with vintage knitting and crochet patterns and have been collecting them for many years. This is just a small fraction of my collection: To look at the great styles of the past and the beautiful workmanship of previous generations of knitters and crocheters is always inspiring. However, it's important to remember that many things have changed since those patterns were written. Do not expect to buy a facsimile pattern or a cleaned up PDF pattern and be able to follow the directions! Here's why: yarns have changed, needles and hooks have changed, sizes have changed, and most important standards of clarity have changed. The handbag pattern begins with these instructions: Please keep in mind that the only parts of the pattern that are missing in this picture are the directions for the straps and inserting a ...
Wishing you all a Very Happy Thanksgiving! As we prepare our family feast, I wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for following KnittingGuruDesigns and to give you all a Black Friday / Cyber Monday treat. Just write Code #BlackFriday10 in your coupon code box when you check out of my Etsy shop and you'll receive a 10% discount on your purchase(s). Here's just a sampling of what you'll find in my Etsy shop. I've put together some things in an Autumnal colorway to celebrate the holiday. Of course, there's much more to see and many other colors in my shop. Enjoy your Holiday and please stop by at http://www.KnittingGuru.etsy.com
Comments
Post a Comment